It’s very important for you to take JANUVIA as your doctor prescribes. Check out the tips below:
- Take JANUVIA 1 time each day exactly as your doctor tells you
- You can take JANUVIA with or without food
Other important information:
- Your doctor may do blood tests from time to time to see how well your kidneys are working. Your doctor may change your dose of JANUVIA based on the results of your blood tests
- Your doctor may tell you to take JANUVIA along with other diabetes medicines. Low blood sugar can happen more often when JANUVIA is taken with certain other diabetes medicines
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If you do not remember until it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take two doses of JANUVIA at the same time
- If you take too much JANUVIA, call your doctor or local Poison Control Center right away
- When your body is under some types of stress, such as fever, trauma (such as a car accident), infection or surgery, the amount of diabetes medicine that you need may change. Tell your doctor right away if you have any of these conditions and follow your doctor’s instructions
- Check your blood sugar as your doctor tells you to
- Stay on your diet and exercise program while taking JANUVIA
- Talk to your doctor about how to prevent, recognize and manage low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), high blood sugar (hyperglycemia), and problems you have because of your diabetes
- Your doctor will check your diabetes with regular blood tests, including your blood sugar levels and your hemoglobin A1C
What are the possible risks and side effects of JANUVIA?
Interested in lowering your out-of-pocket costs for your prescription? See if you qualify.
You may be able to take advantage of prescription savings on JANUVIA. Eligible, privately insured patients may pay as little as $5 per prescription on each of up to 12 qualifying prescriptions.See Savings Offer
Maximum savings is $150 per prescription. Not valid for patients who are uninsured or patients with Medicare or other Government Program insurance. Other eligibility restrictions and Terms and Conditions apply. See Terms and Conditions.